- This event has passed.
July 2019 Event
July 19 @ 5:00 pm - July 21 @ 2:00 pm$30
Funding for the war has been secured, and the Fourth Order of the Peaks has agreed to teleport us to our destinations. Bryden’s Ferry has chosen to aid the First Order of the Peaks and the Garreshian Noble House of Reed in Caldwyn Prefecture that is supposed to have ties to most of the grain grown for Garresh. Both will be important to the war effort, but can we help them against the unstoppable threat of the Qidar?
Also a reminder that Saturday there will be a half In-Game/half Out-Of-Game barbecue! Bring swim trunks, a dish to share, super soakers and other water guns, kiddie pools and if you’ve got one, a slip and slide! This will go on for 3 to 4 hours, as the intense heat in July is always rough. Remember to bring jugs of water as well! Die Loudly!
- A ticket is required to attend, observe, or sell goods at any Kanarak event. (Everyone must have one!)
- Registration opens on July 9th
- Registration closes on July, 18th at 6:00 PM CT
- Attendance Cap: 60
- Parking: There will be a section marked off for cars to park. You may temporarily park at the top of the hill to unload your vehicle.
- Cabins: The basement of the large lodge has a few beds. You are also welcome to bed down inside the pole barn or place your tent on the grounds we will play on.
- Food: This site is considered rustic and for the most part the buildings do not have modern features like electricity or plumbing. Keep that in mind and bring your own food, ways to safely store/cook it, and clean up after yourself! One fire pit (with a small grate) may be used for cooking.
- Plumbing: Restroom facilities are porta-johns. Regarding drinking water: there is a single pump style spigot outside near the fire pit. All water here is well water. It’s safe to drink and cook with, but does smell of eggs which can be a bit off putting. Be sure to bring bottles or jugs of water if that is not acceptable to you.
- Trash: Bring ways to contain your own trash, and take it home with you.
- Nearby: There is a gas station and a few fast food places north of the venue in Walkerton proper. The closest grocery store appears to be in the next town over.
- There is a marble monument located behind the two-story metal-clad “castle”. Be respectful and avoid this monument completely, particularly at night when it could be mistaken for a bench.
- No combat inside log cabins due to the presence of a lot of delicate items.
- Players may not use the bathroom, fridge, microwave, or sink in the large main log cabin. These areas are off limits per the venue.
- No open flames are permitted except for already established fire pits. Camp stoves, portable grills, and propane heaters (with tilt shut off) are permitted so long as they are monitored for safety.
- Smoking and vaping are only allowed at the designated smoking spot, period.
- Things that belong on the ground: Feet, stuff, your butt when sitting. Things that do not belong on the ground: Cigarette butts. Throw them away in the garbage!
- No private co-ed sleeping of youths (or youths and adults), unless related.
- Arrive after 4p on Friday.
- Depart around 2p on Sunday.
CURRENT Discounts (max one per person)
New Players: $10 off first game
Refer a Friend: $10 off for you
Family: $10 off for each child under 18 present with Parent/Grandparent player